04 July 2018
One year anniversary!
Monoeci was launched almost a year ago by Sébastien & Dimitri. What a ride we took in just twelve months ! We’ve grown an amazing community — 10k followers on Twitter, nearly 2.5k on Telegram, an active Discord, and reached several milestones in our project:
- A perfect working wallet;
- An Android and a Web wallet;
- Organisation of the Monaco International Blockchain #1 last May;
- A working demo ATM accepting Monoeci;
- Various partnerships & sponsorships operations, from WRC rally to Monaco Historical Grand prix, and Monaco women’s soccer team.
So this is also a moment for us to say a big Thank you to you, our community, for having believed in this project, and helped it succeed !
MIB #2 is coming !
After a successful 1st edition, we’re very happy to organize the Monaco International Blockchain #2 at the Grimadli Forum on november 29th & 30th. We’re already working hard on the program, and will let you know as soon as possible of all the developments.
You can already buy your tickets and enjoy our early bird rate !
Following the release of our whitepaper we sent several request to be listed on new exchanges, most of the one asked by the community were contacted, as well as every major exchange. We’ve had the pleasure to be listed on Blocknet, which is a nice exchange that we encourage you to use.
Meeting with the government
We were honoured to have a meeting with government officials one week ago, which was very productive and useful for us to fine tune our project.
In order to do so, we will need to rebrand the project. We were asked to stop for a while on the ATMs side, and to stop referring directly to Monaco by saying Monoeci is a cryptocurrency created for Monaco.
We will still work in Monaco with our partners already using Monoeci (My Sushi and Auto Koncept), continue the implementation with our partners still unannounced and work on getting new partners accepting Monoeci in Monaco.
We will modify our whitepaper and our Website in order to respect the choice of the government. Moreover, we are actually working with partners in Korea that could bring some interesting use to Monoeci.
Summer homeworks !
Even if there will be a short break on the newsletter during summer, we’ll be quite active during this period. Here is what we have on schedule:
- Apple Wallet: since Apple changed its policy regarding cryptocurrencies, we resubmitted our iOS wallet and expect it to be available on Q3
- New website: we’ll be releasing a new website, the actual one is temporary and is really far from what our new website will be. Our designer is really talented and we hope you will like it as much as us, we’re working on the details during the summer
- MonoeciV2: we’ll be working on the new version of Monoeci, in order to make the update, a Coin Swap will be needed. The new code will be way more performant than Dash, with an exchange directly integrated to the wallet, smart contracts and more. This way, we will be able to switch to the creation of a Blockchain ecosystem and not just a mean of payment. Don’t worry, a system similar to the masternode will still be available to assure a ROI.
That’s it for this newsletter, thank you again for being such a great community !